CAKE: Blood Orange Pound Cake
Desserts & Other Goodies
If this cake lasts more than 2 days, you did something wrong!
- 1 package yellow cake mix (with pudding added)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 8-ounce container sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour 9 or 10-inch tube cake pan (bundt works fine).
- In large bowl, combine cake mix and sugar. Make a well in the center, and pour in Blood Orange Olive Oil, sour cream, eggs, and orange extract. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat four minutes on medium speed. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until cake when tested with toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Flip out and finish cooling on rack. Store covered.
- Optional - sprinkle with powdered sugar if you just have to have something on top.