VEGGIE: Sunday Vegetables
- 1 cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 5 ounces shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 sliced large yellow onions
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 pound medium round potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds medium tomatoes
- 3/4 pound zucchini
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Brush a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish with Tuscan Herb Olive Oil.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and cook the onions over medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Spread the onion mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Slice the potatoes, zucchini, and tomatoes in 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place them alternately in the dish on top of the onions, as tightly as possible in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme and drizzle with 2 more tablespoons of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Uncover the dish, sprinkle the cheese on top, and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes, or until browned.
- Serve warm.