VEGGIE: Serrano Honey Pickled Beets
- 2 pounds small to medium-size beets, scrubbed, washed, and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon high polyphenol Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil of your choice
- 2 cups Serrano Honey Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375o. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Wash and scrub the beets thoroughly.
- Place the whole beets onto the baking sheet and enclose the beets with another sheet of foil. Roast the beets for approximately one hour, depending upon size. If using large beets, it may take up to 2 hours for the beets to roast. Check to see if the beets are done by piercing the beet with a paring knife. If it slides into the center of the beet with little resistance, the beets are done.
- Allow the beets to cool and then slip off the skins. You can also use a paring knife to help peel them. Cut the beets into 1" wedges, circles, or crinkle cuts.
- Place the beets into a glass jar with a lid and cover with 2 cups of Serrano Honey Vinegar or enough vinegar to just cover.
- Refrigerate the beets for 24 hours. Enjoy!