VEGGIE: Roasted Squash & Kale
Recipe from our friend,
Rebekah Fedrowitz, MDN, BCHN
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition,
Integrative Health Speaker & Writer
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 large guji or gala apple
- 2 tablespoons Picual [May 2022] (Chile)
- 3 tablespoons Red Apple Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- sea salt, to taste (approximately 1 teaspoon)
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat over to 425oF.
- Peel and cube the butternut squash. Dice the apples into large junks. Rinse and devein the kale, then chop coarsely.
- In a large bowl, combine the EVOO, Red Apple Balsamic, Dijon mustard, sea salt, and pepper. Toss chopped kale until well coated. Add squash and apple and continue to toss until mixed and well coated.
- Spread squash, kale, and apple mixture onto a roasting pan or baking dish. Place in the oven and cook for 40-50 minutes, turning a couple of times to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.