VEGGIE: Roasted Beets and Pumpkin with Balsamic Glaze
Recipe from our friend,
Rebekah Fedrowitz, MDN, BCHN
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition,
Integrative Health Speaker & Writer
- 3 medium beets, peeled
- 1 pie pumpkin, peeled
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup White A-Premium Balsamic
- 1/4 cup medium intensity Ultra Premium EVOO
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dired thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400o. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the peeled beets and pumpkin into bite-sized chunks. Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Drizzle mixture over beets and pumpkin, and then toss to coat.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until beets and pumpkin are tender. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.