VEGGIE: Caramelized Brussels Sprouts & Mushrooms
- 1 -1/2 pounds small, fresh brussels sprouts, dried end trimmed, and cut in half
- 1/2 pound fresh Cremini mushrooms sliced in half
- 1/4 cup Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1 medium shallot thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Pomegranate Balsamic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat a heavy-duty 12" sauté pan; add the Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil.
- Add the shallot and sauté over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and brussels sprouts and sauté over medium-high heat until the mushrooms and brussels sprouts begin to caramelize (about 6 minutes).
- Add the 2 tablespoons of Pomegranate Balsamic to the pan stirring and scraping to de-glaze it. (Make sure to scrape up the browned bits of mushroom and shallot at the bottom while evenly coating the brussels sprouts).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot