VEGGIE: Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Recipe from our friend,
Rebekah Fedrowitz, MDN, BCHN
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition,
Integrative Health Speaker & Writer
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup Butter (flavor) Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- Optional: cayenne or chipotle powder
- Optional: 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 425oF. Place cauliflower pieces on a baking sheet or in an oven-safe glass dish (do not crowd pieces). Drizzle with 2 tablespoons Butter Olive Oil and season lightly with salt. Place into the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together remaining Butter Olive Oil, hot sauce, garlic, salt, and if desired, cayenne or chipotle powder. Sprinkle in guar gum while continuing to whisk until well combined.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven. Drizzle the sauce over the cauliflower, then toss to coat. If desired, sprinkle the blue cheese evenly over the top of the cauliflower. Return the pan to the oven, and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower to a serving dish and serve immediately.