SWEET POTATOES: Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Maple Balsamic Reduction
Recipe compliments of
Heather Blake, OTR/L
Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
Sweet, tangy, maple balsamic and a touch of salt make a satisfying side!
- 2 organic sweet potatoes, diced into 1/2" diced cubes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Maple Balsamic
Roasting the Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400o. Prepare baking sheet with foil, parchment papepr, or use a nonstick baking sheet.
- Place diced sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl, and using your hands, mix with coconut oil until thoroughly coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix again.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Use a saptula to flip once and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until tender.
Preparing the reduction
- With the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan, heat on medium heat until it begins to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and let it simmer gently for about 20 munites until it has reduced by approxiately half, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes, until it becomes thicker.
Putting it all together
- Spoon sweet potatoes onto serving dish. Use a spoon to drizzle reduction on top, putting a little extra to form a puddle at the bottom.
- Soak up the compliments!!!
NOTE: This recipe can also be used with butternut squash, carrots, or other root vegetables!