SALAD: Winter Salad with Fig-Milanese Gremolata Vinaigrette
From our friend, Rebekah Fedrowitz, MHN
Holistic Nutrition Consultant & Food Blogger
- 1/4 cup Fig Balsamic
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil
- 16 ounces arugula
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 8 pieces prosciutto
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- In a small stainless steel or glass bowl, whisk together the Fig Balsamic Vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. While continuing to whisk, add the Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil in a thin, steady stream until emulsified. Adjust the seasoning to taste, if necessary.
- Lightly place on arugula on four plates and top with Brussels sprouts, prosciutto, and pear slices. Garnish with gorgonzola cheese, and then drizzle lightly with the vinaigrette.
NOTES AND TIPS:
- This recipe makes approximately 3/4 cup Fig-Tarragon Vinaigrette. Store any remaining dressing in a glass container in the refrigerator.
- For maximum flavor, roast Brussels sprouts with Tarragon Olive Oil.