SALAD: Watermelon Feta Salad
Recipe compliments of Jean Winslett, Crescent Olive Team Member since December 2013!
- One 8-pound chilled seedless watermelon, cubed
- 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 medium Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped basil or mint leaves
- 1 1/4 cups pitted Kalamata olives, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Serrano Honey Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a large bowl, add the Persian Lime Olive Oil, Serrano Honey Vinegar, sea salt, and pepper. Whisk well to combine (adjust to taste).
- Add the watermelon, feta, onion, basil leaves, and olives. Toss gently.
- Let salad rest 10-15 minutes, and gently toss again before serving.
* Serves 6-8