SALAD: Strawberry Salad with Almonds
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 12 ounces mixed greens or romaine lettuce (or a combo)
- 16 ounces strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- Spritzer (available at The Crescent Olive) with Butter (flavor) Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Honey-Ginger Balsamic
- To roast the almonds, adjust the oven rack to the center position; preheat oven to 3250F.
- Spread the almonds on a sheet pan and spritz the almonds with Butter Flavor Olive Oil ensuring all amonds are "spritzed".
- Slowly roast almonds for 20-30 minutes until fragrant and light brown, watching carefully to prevent burning. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a serving bowl, assemble the salad: layer the greens, then the strawberries, roasted almonds, and top with the goat cheese or feta cheese.
- For the vinaigrette, simply mix the Persian Lime Olive Oil and the Honey-Ginger White Balsamic in a sealed container or a mason jar and shake to blend or place the olive oil and balsamic in a bowl and whisk together.
- Drizzle over layered salad; toss until salad ingredients are evenly coated and serve.