SALAD: Roasted Beet Salad
- 1 -1/2 pounds fresh beets
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 6 cups baby arugula or mixed greens
- 1 cup whole pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Suyo Cucumber
- 1 tablespoon good quality grainy mustard
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Lentrisca [Nov 2022] (Portugal)
- Preheat the oven to 4000 F.
- Trim the beets and wrap in one foil packet drizzled with a tablespoon of water. Roast for 1 hour or until tender when pierced through with a knife.
- Once the cooked beets are cool enough to handle, peel them by rubbing the skin off between paper towels. Cut the peeled beets into 1" pieces and toss with 2 tablespoons of Balsamic whisked together with 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil, and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the remaining Balsamic with the grainy mustard until well combined. Slowly drizzle in your Olive Oil, whisking constantly until the mixture is thickened or emulsified. Add freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste. Arrange the greens in a bowl or on a platter and dress with the white balsamic vinaigrette. Add the marinated roasted beets to the salad, along with the crumbled fresh goat cheese, and toasted pecans