SALAD: Mexican Chopped Salad
From our friend, Rebekah Fedrowitz, MDN, BCHN
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition, Integrative Health Speaker & Writer
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons Cilantro & Roasted Onion Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Jalapeno White Balsamic
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Combine beans, corn, zucchini, squash, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, avocado, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, basamic vinegar, lime juice, and season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes or refrigerate several hours before serving.