SALAD: Calabrian Pesto Panzanella Salad
- 4 cups crusty French bread, torn into 1" pieces
- 3 cups ripe tomatoes cut into 1" dices
- 8 ounces mozarella fresca cut or torn into 1" pieces (optional)
- 1/3 cup Calabrian Pesto Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Oregano Balsamic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a bowl large enough to hold the tomatoes and cheese, combine the balsamic with salt and whisk to combine.
- Add the Olive Oil and whisk to make a simple vinaigrette.
- Add the tomatoes and cheese, turning to coat thoroughly with the vinaigrette.
- Allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes
- To plate, in a large bowl add the torn bread to the tomatoes and cheese, along with the accumulated liquid from the marinade.
- Add torn basil and adjust seasoning with gresh ground pepper and additional salt if necessary.
- Gently toss until the bread is just moistened and serve at room temperature.