SALAD: Black Cherry Kale Salad
Recipe from our friend,
Rebekah Fedrowitz, MDN, BCHN
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition, Integrative Health Speaker & Writer
- 1 bunch kale, stalks removed and discarded and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 granny smith apple, shredded
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Black Cherry Balsamic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- In large bowl, combine the kale, carrots, and apple.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, vinegar, and thyme. Once dressing has emulsified, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and toss to coat. Allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, or store in the refrigerator for a couple hours before serving.