POTATOES: White Truffle-Rosemary Smashed Red Potatoes
From our friend, Rebekah Fedrowitz, MHN
Holistic Nutrition Consultant & Food Blogger
- 3 pound red potatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sea salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons (plus a little more for serving) White Truffle Pure Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes in large cubes and rinse well. Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Remove the leaves from 1/2 of one of the rosemary sprigs, then place the sprigs into the water. Add the minced garlic and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and allow to cook until potatoes are soft when pierced with a knife, usually about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and remove the rosemary sprigs.
- Finely mince remaining rosemary leaves. Add rosemary along with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Truffle Oil, half-and-half, sea salt, and pepper. Using a fork or potato masher, mash the potatoes in the saucepan until all the ingredients are well combined and the potatoes have reached your desired consistency. Drizzle a little extra White Truffle Oil on top and serve.