POTATOES: Asiago & White Truffle Mashed Potatoes
- 6 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 stick (8oz.) unsalted butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 tablespoon White Truffle Pure Olive Oil
- 1 cup grated Asiago Cheese
- sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Optional: finely minced, fresh chopped flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size. Place in a large saucepan, add the salt, and cover with hot water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes are tender throughout when poked with a fork.
- Heat the half-and-half, butter and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water. Mash and add the garlic-cream-butter mixture, grated Asiago and White Truffle Oil. Stir to combine.
- Let stand for 5 minutes so that mixture thickens and then serve.