PICKLED: Jalapeno-Pickled Onions & Radishes
Great to use with steak or chicken tacos!
Recipe compliments of our friend,
Rebekah Fedrowitz, MDN, BCHN
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition,
Integrative Health Speaker & Writer
- 1 large red onion, halved & sliced
- 1 handful radishes, juliened
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno White Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Crescent Olive Spicewalla Himalayan Salt
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until simmering.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, covered, until all the liquid has been fully absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and transfer onion mixture to a glass bowl. Chill for at least 2 hours or in an airtight container for up to a week.
NOTE: If you need to chill it quickly, partly fill a larger glass bowl with ice and water and then place the bowl with the onion mixture in the ice, being careful that no ice water pours into the onion mixture bowl. Place in the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.