FONDUE: Wild Mushroom, Sage & Cheddar Fondue
Recipe compliments of our friend,
Rebekah Fedrowitz, MDN, BCHN
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition,
Integrative Health Speaker & Writer
- 1/4 cup Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 1 1/2 cup dry white wine, divided
- 1 pound white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1-2 tablespoons corn (or potato) starch
- In an electronic fondue pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots and sautee until golden brown. Add 1 cup wine and bring to a simmer.
- Gradually add cheese and stir until melted and creamy. Reduce temperature if necessary to prevent mixture from boiling.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine remaining 1/2 cup wine with 1 to 2 tablespoons corn starch. Slowly stir into the cheese mixture and simmer until the fondue has thickened to the desired consistency.
- Serve fondue with assorted bite-sized dipping foods, such as French bread, apples, pears, cooked sausage, broccoli, cauliflower, and more.
Note: If you do not have a fondue pot, simple cook and serve in a heavy-sided or ceramic pot or a small, slow cooker.