CROUTONS: Wild Mushroom-Sage Croutons
These home-made croutons will be the talk of the town and a great way to use up leftover bread. You can make these with just about any type of bread.
- 4 cups fresh or day-old bread cut into 1" cubes (keep the crust - it adds texture)
- 1/2 cup Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients. When the bread is evenly coated, place the cubes on a rimmed baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes, stirring a couple times to ensure even browning.