MOJITO: Lemongrass-Mint Mojito
- 6 fresh mint leaves, plus a sprig for garnish
- 1½ tablespoons simple syrup (see below)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (half a lime)
- other half lime cut into wedges for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Lemongrass-Mint Balsamic
- 2 ounces light Rum
- club soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Bring the water to a simmer in a saucepan set over medium-high heat.
- Add the sugar and stir until it completely dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the syrup into a clean 1-pint bottle, cap it and refrigerate it until needed. Makes 1½ cups and keeps two months or longer in the refrigerator.
- Place mint, simple syrup, lime juice and Lemongrass-Mint Balsamic in a wide glass.
- With a wooden spoon, muddle mint, simple syrup, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar together to form a good syrup; add ice cubes; then pour Rum and club soda; mix.
- Garnish with mint leaves and lime wedges.