WAFFLES: Lemon Waffles with Strawberry-Orange Compote
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sliced, fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup Cara Cara Orange & Vanilla Balsamic
- 1 cup sugar
- whip cream topping optional
For the Compote
- Place the sugar and 1/2 cup of Balsamic in a heavy duty 2 quart sauce pan or larger. Heat over medium, swirling occasionally until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the strawberries and cook at a simmer until the strawberries begin to lose shape and become a chunky sauce (about 8 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Cool to room temperature before serving
For the Waffles
- Preheat a standard or Belgian waffle maker.
- Beat the eggs in large bowl with a mixer or by hand until fluffy.
- Beat in flour, milk, Lemon Fused Olive Oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
- Grease the preheated waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix into the ready waffle maker. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with Strawberry Balsamic Compote and a dollop of yogurt or cream if desired.
NOTE: Makes 8 standard size waffles