WAFFLES: Chocolate Blood Orange Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons Blood Orange Olive Oil
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl and add to the dry ingredients, mixing gently until no spots of dry ingredients are visible.
- Use batter immediately in a greased, preheated waffle iron.
NOTE: Serve warm waffles with fresh fruit or with topping of choice.