TURKEY: Turkey Mozzarella Sandwich
From our friend, Cathy M.
- 1/2 cup Basil Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Traditional Balsamic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced (more or less to taste)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 pound sliced turkey
- 1/2 pound sliced mozzarella
- 1 round loaf or 1 ciabatta loaf
- Combine Basil Olive Oil, Traditional Balsamic, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish or pan, i.e., 13 x 9 pan.
- Place sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, and red onion in oil/vinegar mixture.
- Cover and let marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Slice loaf in half horizontally and remove some of the bread from inside, leaving about a one-inch thick shell.
- Remove vegetables from oil/vinegar mixture and set aside.
- Brush insides of bread with oil/vinegar mixture.
- Layer 1/2 of the shredded zucchini, turkey, mozzarella, and vegetables.
- Repeat layers and cover with top of bread.
- Cut into wedges for round loaf or sections for ciabatta; secure with a pick or skewer and serve.
Yield: 6-8 servings