STIR FRY: Cauliflower Stir Fry with Peanuts
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons of Picual [May 2022] (Chile)
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup of sliced peanuts or roasted peanuts, salted
- 1 cup of snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat the broiler
- Cook the rice in 1 1/2 cups water; set aside.
- Meanwhile, toss the cauliflower with 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Lay out the califlower on a basking sheet, and broil approximately 10 minutes until lightly charred and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the remaining EVOO in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the peanuts and cook for approximately 1 minute stirring constantly; remove and sett aside.
- Add the snnow peas, bell peppers, and ginger to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes. Add scallions and cauliflower; toss. Add the chili sauce, soy sauce and continue to cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are glazed (about 2 minutes).
- Fluff the rice with a fork; top each serving with the stir-fry, peanuts, and cilantro.