STEAK: Tri-Tip and Fries
- Marinade for Tri-Tip:
- 1/2 cup Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard, or Dijon
- 1 tablespoon sea salt*
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients by whisking them together in a bowl, or place them into your blender to combine.
- Marinate your tri-tip or your protein of choice and coat evenly. Refrigerate for 6-8 hrs. Grill or bake.
NOTE: Save 2-3 tablespoons of marinade and cook for about 2 minutes to make a sauce to drizzle before serving for more flavor.
- Cut potatoes into wedges or fries.
- Pour the Wild Mushroom & Sage olive oil into a large bowl or container. Toss the potatoes liberally in the olive oil, arrange on a foil lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, making sure to season evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- If adding cheese, sprinkle the cheese and bake until cheese is melted.
* The Crescent Olive's Seasonello Italian Sea Salt