STEAK: Balsamic Cured Beef Jerkey
- 2 pounds beef round steak, cut into very thin strips across the grain
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Traditional Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons natural liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon hot red chili flakes (optional)
- Place beef strips in the bottom of a large bowl and add soy sauce, balsamic, liquid smoke, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and red chili flakes (if using). Mix to ensure the meat is evenly coated.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove meat from bowl and arrange the meat strips on the tray of a dehydrator and dry at your dehydrator's highest setting until done to your liking, at least 4 hours.
- Store in an airtight container or resealable bags.