SOUP: Fall Vegetable Soup
- 1/4 cup Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, largely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt
- 1 pound chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces baby bella mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 16 ounces water
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 pound sweet ptoatoes, diced
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 large bunch kale, ribbed and coarsely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and season liberally with sea salt. Sauté until the onion are tender and translucent.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the chicken broth, water, bay leaves, and sweet potatoes. Season as desired with pepper and additional sea salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts and kale. Continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately, or cool and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.