SOUP: Chickpea Tomato Soup
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, diced small pieces
- 4 celery branches, diced small pieces
- 2 carrots, diced small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes or 4 fresh diced roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup spinach
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- Heat one tablespoon Herbes de Provence Olive Oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add diced onion, celery, carrots, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring frequently, until onion begins to soften, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and tomatoes with juice (or diced tomatoes), broth, basil, and parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper as needed. Simmer 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add bay leaves and spinach. Once spinach cooks down, soup is ready to serve.
Optional: Drizzle fresh Herbes de Provence on soup when served.