SOUP: Authentic Gazpacho
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes (ripe, halved and cored)
- 1/2 pound cucumber (peeled and seeded)
- 1 green bell pepper (medium, cored)
- 1/2 red onion (small, peeled)
- 2 garlic cloves (small, or 1 large clove, peeled)
- 3 tablespoons Black Peppercorn Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sherry Reserva
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 slice white bread (soaked, crusts removed)
- Optional toppings: Arugula, Croutons, Fresh Herbs
BREAD: There are two options to preppring the bread:
- blend up the gazpacho, then poke the slice of bread into the center of the soup and let it sit there for 10 minutes to soften before blending it into the soup, or…
- just run it under the faucet and soak completely with water, ring it out completely with your hands, then add the bread to the soup ingredients and puree.
- Puree the soup: Combine all of your gazpacho ingredients in a blender or food processor, and puree for 1 minute or until the gazpacho reaches your desired consistency. (We like a smooth consistency.)
- Chill: Transfer the soup to a sealed container and refrigerate for 4 hours or until completely chilled.
- Serve: Serve the soup nice and cold, garnished with your favorite toppings.