SHRIMP: Avocado-Grapefruit Shrimp Salad
From our friend,
Rebekah Fedrowitz, MDN, BCHN
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition, Integrative Health Speaker & Writer
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 12 ounces cooked & peeled shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Grapefruit Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon Melgarejo Picual [Nov.2022] (Spain)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, tomato, garlic, and shrimp. Mix the Grapefruit Balsamic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl to combine. Drizzle the balsamic/oil mixture over the shrimp salad. Toss to coat well.
- Add avocado and feta cheese. Gently toss, just enough to combine. For the best flavor, store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.