SALAD: Warm Brussel Sprouts & Pomegranate Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette
From our friend, Rebekah Fedrowitz, MHN
Holistic Nutrition Consultant & Food Blogger
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts
- 1 fennel bulb, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate-Quince Balsamic
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400oF. Arrange the Brussel sprouts and fennel on a baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season liberally with salt. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Pomegranate-Quince White Balsamic, Blood Orange Premium Olive Oil, ground mustard, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place warm Brussel sprouts and fennel in a serving dish. Top with pomegranate seeds and blue cheese crumbles and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.