SALAD: Pasta Salad
- 1/3 cup plus a little more for drizzling of Nocellara [Nov 2022] (Italy)
- 2 teaspoons of dijion mustard
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 grated garlic clove
- Grated zest from 1 lemon
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces bowtie pasta
- 4 ounces asparagus
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ cup of fresh chopped dill
- Ricotta salata cheese for garnish
- In a large pot boil water with salt, add pasta.
- Add asparagus 2 minutes before pasta is done. Drain the pasta and asparagus in cold running water.
- Toss the pasta and asparagus with the peas, peppers, tomatoes, shallot and dill. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), mustard, honey, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over the pasta salad, tossing to coat.
- Let the salad sit for a few minutes so that it soaks up all the flavor.
- Serve in bowls – shave some ricotta salata cheese and drizzle a little EVOO.