SALAD: Brain Power Salad with Salmon, Spinach, Blueberries, & Walnuts
Recipe compliments of Chef Chris Farney
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and diced
- 4 cups baby spinach or mixed greens
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup Black Peppercorn Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lavender Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Prepare vinaigrette: Combine balsamic vinegar, chia seeds, honey, Dijon mustard; which thoroughly or place in blender and pulse blend for 10 seconds. Slowly add Olive Oil to emulsify dressing. Place in service container and chill.
- Toast walnuts in 375oF oven for 3 to4 minutes. Cool.
- Place spinach or mixed greens in service bowl or container. Cut avocado into 1/2" pieces; coast with fresh squeezed lemon juice. Add diced red onion. Place ingredients in service bowl or containers.
- Toss with remaining salad ingredients; then toss with vinaigrette.