QUINOA: Quinoa and Roasted Corn
From our friend, Stacey D.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ears corn or 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes or chopped plum tomatoes, drained (please tomaties in fine-mesh strainer and place over bowl 10 to 15 minutes)
- 1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place quinoa in fine-mesh strainer; rinse well under cold running water.
- Transfer to saucepan; add 2 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 to 18 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Transfer quinoa to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, remove husks and silk from corn; cut kernels off cobs.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add corn; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and light brown, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 2/3 cup green onion and coarse salt; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add corn to quinoa.
- Gently stir in tomatoes and black beans.
- Combine lime peel, lime juice, sugar, cumin and black pepper in small bowl.
- Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon Persian Lime Olive Oil until blended.
- Pour over quinoa mixture; toss lightly to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup green onions.
- Serve warm or chilled.