PORK: Shredded Pork with Apple Balsamic BBQ Sauce
Recipe compliments of our friend,
Rebekah Fedrowitz, MDN, BCHN
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition,
Integrative Health Speaker & Writer
- For Pork:
- 2-3 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/3 cup Smoky Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Spicewalla Carolina Pork Rub Blend
- Himalyan Salt
- For BBQ Sauce:
- One 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- Place pork tenderloin, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar into slow cooker or pressure cooker. Season with Carolina Pork Rub spice blend. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 8 hours. If using a pressure cooker, cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all BBQ sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Cook uncovered, continue to stir frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture has reduced to desired consistency. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature before serving.
- Once pork has finished cooking, shred the meat using 2 forks. Cover and keep warm until ready to serve. If there is excess liquid in the pot, leave on high heat for an additional 15-20 minutes or until liquid has cooked off.
- Serve pork on a plate with BBQ sauce on the side or serve as sliders on small buns topped with BBQ sauce and slaw.