PORK: Pork Skewers with Harissa Olive Oil
Recipe compliments of
Ramone Dickerson of 2 Fat 2 Fly
Featured recipe for Fork & Goal
2016 USC Gamecocks vs. Missouri Tigers
- 1 pound pork steaks, cut into 3 to 4-inch strips
- wood skewers, soaked in water if using on a grill
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons Harissa Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- sesame seeds, optional
- peanuts, crushed, optional
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
1. Either fire up the grill or preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Make a sauce by combining soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, bourbon, oil, sriracha, garlic, ginger, and scallions in a large bowl. Marinate pork strips in sauce for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Remove pork from marinade and thread on individual skewers and place on prepared baking sheet.
4. Cook skewered pork in oven for 20 minutes, turning once, halfway through, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees for well done.
5. Remove skewered pork from oven and sprinkle with sesame seeds and crushed peanuts. Top with chopped scallions.