MUSHROOM: Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 1/3 cup Butter (flavor) Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 5-6 large portobello mushroom (stems removed), washed and dried thoroughly with a paper towel
- 5-6 fresh mozzarella cheese balls, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape (cherry) tomatoes, thinly sliced
- fresh basil for garnish
- 1/4 cup Blackberry-Ginger Balsamic
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat (use middle to lower racks of oven).
- In a small saucepan, combine and saute Butter Olive Oil, parsley, and garlic.
- Brush the sauteed mixture on the bottoms of each mushroom and place them, brushed-side down, on a baking tray. Flip and brush any remaining sauteed mixture on the insides of each cap.
- Fill each mushroom with the mozzarella slices and tomatoes; grill/broil until cheese has melted and golden in color (about 8 minutes).
- To serve, top with basil and drizzle with balsamic. (Optional, sprinkle with our Italian flaked sea salt, to taste.)