LASAGNA: White Sauce Lasagna
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup Calabrian Pesto Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Oregano Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 7 to 8 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- In sauce pan heat the Pesto and Oregano Olive Oils over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly. Mix in the broth and milk and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Finally stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with the basil and ground black pepper, remove from heat, and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, the ricotta, and the chicken. Arrange 1/3 of the noodles over the chicken, and layer with 1/3 of the sauce mixture, spinach, and the remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange remaining noodles over cheese, and spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.