FAJITAS: Spicy Steak Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pounds flat iron steak
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt and additional to taste Baklouti (HOT!) Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper and additional to taste
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (divided) Baklouti (HOT!) Olive Oil
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strip
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 1 pack wheat flour tortillas
- Optional: add lettuce to the wrap
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Season steak with chili powder mixture. Coat the steak with 2 tablespoons of Baklouti Olive Oil, add steak to grill, and cook flipping once (5-7) minutes per side. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Season bell peppers and onion with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons Baklouti Olive Oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add bell peppers and onion to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until charred and tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain. Toss together steak strips with sliced bell peppers and onions.
- Warm tortilla until soft; add meat, peppers, and lettuce and serve.
- Optional - add guacamole and sour cream.