CHICKEN: Tropical Grilled Chicken Wings with Mango-Pineapple Salsa
- 4 pounds chicken "party" wings
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Blackberry-Ginger Balsamic
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 12 ounces sparkling water or fresh squeezed lemondade
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon Chipotle Olive Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Pineapple Balsamic
- 3/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
SALSA (will need to cihill)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350°F to 400°F).
- Grill pineapple and onion 5 minutes or until well-marked but not cooked through. Chop and place in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the Chipotle Olive Oil and Pineapple Balsamic Vinegar. Toss in mangoes, pineapple, and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill.
* Use to top chicken wings (great on fish as well).
- Combine soy sauce, Garlic Olive Oil, pepper, Blackberry-Ginger Balsamic Vinegar, sparkling water or lemonade, mustard, and wings in a large, zip-top bag. Close bag and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and pat dry. Cook the wings on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until the chicken is well-browned and no longer pink, 25 to 30 minutes.