CHICKEN: Sweet & Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Recipe from our friend,
Rebekah Fedrowitz, MDN, BCHN
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition, Integrative Health Speaker & Writer
- 2-3 tablespoons (divided) Cilantro & Roasted Onion Olive Oil
- Four 4-ounce chicken breast, sliced
- sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno White Balsamic
- 1 large head bibb lettuce
- additional toppings and sauces
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add chicken breast, season with salt and sauté for about 5-7 minutes, stirring to ensure the chicken is evenly cooked. Add cumin and paprika, and toss to coat the chicken.
- Add onions and pepper to the pan and continue to sauté for about 3 minutes. Increase heat to medium high, and add balsamic vinegar. Toss the chicken, onions, and peppers to finish cooking.
- Remove the chicken, onions, and peppers from the heat. Serve with bibb lettuce leafs and your choice of toppings (rice, salsas, dressings, etc).