CHICKEN: Honey-Ginger Balsamic Stir Fry
Recipe compliments of our friend,
Rebekah Fedrowitz, MDN, BCHN
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition,
Integrative Health Speaker & Writer
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (divided) Honey-Ginger Balsamic
- 1 pound chicken breast, sliced at an angle into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, quartered and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, quartered and sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded, quartered and sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- sea salt
- 4 cups cooked brown jasmine rice
- In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with soy sauce and 2 tablespoons honey-ginger balsamic vinegar. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large wok or skillet pan over high heat. Add garlic, onion, and bell peppers and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and continue to cook another 2 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a plate.
- Get the skillet hot again, and then heat remaining coconut oil. Add the chicken and stir fry about 4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Add the remaining honey-ginger balsamic vinegar, then return vegetables to the pan and toss to heat. Taste and season with sea salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve the stir-fry over cooked brown jasmine rice.