CHICKEN: Greek-Style Chicken Souvlaki
- 1 1/2 pounts boneless, skinless chick breast cut in 1" pieces
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup Garlic Olive Oil
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon Oregano Balsamic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place the marinade ingredients into a bowl and whisk thoroughly. In a large ziplock bag or a large bowl with a cover/lid, add the chicken and marinade and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To cook the chicken, prepare a grill for indirect cooking, or preheat the oven to 4000F. The chicken can be cooked on skewers or in a single layer on a greased broiler pan.
IF GRILLING: Place the skewered chicken on to the grill over indirect heat; turn every two minutes to cook all sides of the chicken, approximately 8 minutes in total. Remove and allow to rest briefly while covered.
IF OVEN BROILING: Either skewer the chicken or place in a single layer on a mesh cooking rack or broiler pan. Cook the chicken on the top rack at 4000F for 6 minutes, and then turn the broiler on for an additional 4 minutes of broiling. Turn the chicken to brown each side. Serve immediately.