CHICKEN: Chipotle Fajita Bowls
- Fajita Bowls
- 1/2 cup (divided) Chipotle Olive Oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound meat (boneless, skinless chicken breast or skirt steak)
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced lengthwise
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow and orange bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 4 servings cooked brown rice
- salsa, for topping
- Cumin-Chipotle Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup Chipotle Olive Oil, lime juice, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Cut meat into thin strips and place in a gallon-size sealable plastic bag. Add the marinade to the bag, close and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, whisk all ingredients for the Cumin-Chipotle Yogurt in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once meat has marinated, remove from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Heat 2 tablespoons Chipotle Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meat and cook, stirring frequently, until to desired doneness (chicken should be cooked through, steak to medium).
- Remove meat from the skillet and add remaining 2 tablespoons Chipotle Olive Oil. Add vegetable and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add meat back to the skillet for 2-3 minutes, just enough to warm, then remove the skillet from the heat. Serve the vegetable and meat mixture over rice and topped with Cumin-Chipotle Yogurt.