CHICKEN: Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground, divided
- 1 pound uncooked, boneless, skinless chicken with breasts (four, 4-ounce pieces)
- 2 teaspoons Estate Reserve [Apr.2022] (Peru)
- 1 small uncooked vidalia onion, cut in half lengthwise, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Fig Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh chopped, or less to taste OR 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon + 1 1/2 teaspoons Butter (flavor) Olive Oil
- pinch of salt (optional)
- On a plate, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and turn to coat; shake off any excess.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping once, until golden and cooked through, about 7 minutes; remove to a serving plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add onion to skillet, saute over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add broth, Balsamic, thyme and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook stirring often, until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in Butter flavor Olive Oil; spoon sauce over chicken. Yields one chicken breast and about 1/4 cup onion sauce per serving.