CHICKEN: Chicken Sausage Caprese Skewers
From our friend,
Chef Laurie Erickson, CE, CSN, CFT
- 1 pound cooked chicken Italian sausage (preferably organic)
- 1 pound small fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- spritzer with Basil Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice each sausage into 3/4 inch thick circles.
- Lay circles on parchment.
- Bake sausage for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, skewer first the tomato, basil leaf, and then the mozzarella.
- Remove sausage from oven and push each skewer onto the sausage slice.
- Spray with Basil Olive Oil (Chef Laurie's spritzers available at The Crescent Olive).
- Place on a platter and serve.