CHICKEN: Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
Recipe compliments of our friend,
Rebekah Fedrowitz, MDN, BCHN
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition,
Integrative Health Speaker & Writer
- 1 pound chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (divided) Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers (about 1 whole roasted red pepper)
- 1/4 cup White A-Premium Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 head Butter/Boston lettuce
- Place chicken thighs on baking sheet. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil, enough to lightly coat the chicken, and sprinkle liberally with sea salt and pepper. Allow to marinate at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and cool completely.
- Once the chicken is cooled, cut into small, bite-size pieces. Place in a medium bowl and add the zucchini, tomatoes, and red peppers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil, White Premium Balsamic, Dijon mustard, and a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Once thoroughly combined, pour over the chicken and vegetable mixture, stirring well to coat.
- Chill the chicken salad for 30 minutes before serving, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, separate the lettuce leafs and use as wraps for chicken salad.