CHICKEN: Apple & Brie Salad with Pulled Chicken & Garlic-Apple Vinaigrette
Note: For alternative methods to cook the chicken, such as pan frying or grilling, simply marinate the chicken in the oil, balsamic vinegar, and seasonings for 20-30 minutes before cooking.
- Four 4 ounce chicken breasts, sliced
- 5 tablespoons (divided) Garlic Olive Oil
- 5 tablespoons (divided) Red Apple Balsamic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 apple, sliced (recommended: fuji or gala)
- 3 to 4 ounces brie cheese, sliced
- 8 ounces spring mix or salad blend
- additional desired salad toppings (i.e., carrots, pecans, mushrroms, etc.)
- In a small slow cooker, combine the chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook on high for about 3 hours or until chicken is fully cooked. Remove the slow cooker and gently pull apart with a fork.
- Prepare the salad dressing by combining the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix by whisking with a fork or using an emersion blender until the oil had emulsified.
- Place salad mixture in a large bowl. Top with apples, brie, and other desired toppings, and shredded chicken. Toss with the desired amount of salad dressing and serve immediatly.