BURGERS: Sloppy Joe
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely diced green bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Harissa Olive Oil
- 1 – 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons White A-Premium Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon Neapolitan Herb Balsamic
- salt and pepper
- 6 hamburger buns split and toasted.
- In a large skillet, heat Harissa Olive Oil. Add and cook the meat (add a pinch of salt), onion, celery and bell pepper until meat is brown and vegetables are tender, stirring to break up any meat. Drain off fat.
- Stir tomato paste, water, garlic, and both balsamic vinegars into beef mixture in the skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on toasted buns.
NOTE: Harissa Olive Oil more heat than wanted, just substitute Chipotle Olive Oil.